Thursday, 14 April 2011

An album launch

So, I was playing with the band at Lindsay and the Storm's album launch on Sunday there, at the Voodoo Rooms.  It was rather crowded and busy, at one point it got so hot and sweaty that it made me feel all funny, and I had to leave the room to get some air.  Strangely though, once I was on stage, I felt fine, even though sweat was dropping off the end of my nose.  Mercifully, they turned on the air con about halfway through the set, so we didn't melt.

Anyhoo, it was a great night, rather stonking sets from James Whyte who was in full cry, and sounding brilliant, and also a sublime set from Caro Bridges and the River, who were also fearsomely good.  I'd never heard jazz banjo, or a piece of paper used as a percussion instrument previously either.  I wonder if that's why I was sweating so much, as I knew we had to follow them.  Hmm.  Anyway, everyone seemed to have a good time, and all the cake got eaten, so it was fun.

Edinburgh-based French film-maker Julien Pearly was filming it too, so at some point there may be footage of the night.

So, the CD has been "launched", and the vessel is, as we speak, bobbing around on the uncertain seas of the independent music ocean, subjected to passing currents and drifts.  Who knows where it will end up?

No comments:

Post a Comment